Monday, January 10, 2011

Lilly's First Christmas

I can't imagine having a more wonderful Christmas than we had this year!  We have such a wonderful family and I think that we were all blessed with time with family and friends!!

  It stated with a celebration with my side of the family on Christmas Eve Eve.  My sister, Scott, Emma, Kailey, and Chandler came over early in the day to watch Lilly while I went for a facial (given to me by my wonderful hubby for my birthday) then Bobby and I did a little last minute shopping at the mall.  I made dinner and then we opened presents.  Lilly received so many wonderful gifts from her Nana and Aunt Stephanie including her Laugh and Play Puppy and lots of sleepers and clothes.  I can't believe that 6 month clothes won't fit her, but that is the reality my friends!  She loves that puppy and plays with it every day.  If you have never seen one they really are fun.  His hands, feet, and tummy are labeled and wen you push them he tells you what they are or sings a song.  His heart even lights up...so cute!!  Aunt Stephanie got her a CD player for her room and now she knows when she hears the lullabies start that it is sleep time and I only have to rock her for a few minutes.










It was really important to Bobby and I that we had our first "Family Christmas" just the three of us.  We are trying to create traditions for our family and we had a great time on Christmas Eve and Christmas morning watching Lilly.  On Christmas Eve we set the video camera up and we sat on the couch to read "The Night Before Christmas."  I have found that when a six month old is involved there isn't any "sitting-quietly-while-we-read-time" and this was no exception.  She wiggled and squirmed, but we made it through.

Ray, Chris, Kate, and Pete came to celebrate the day after Christmas and it was great fun!  Lilly got so many presents that made me happier than her I think.  An entire case of formula, case of diapers, and case of wipes...we hit the jackpot woo hoo!  Lilly loved spending time with her gram and gramps and she was sad to see them go:(  We all can't wait till they are back in Tennessee for good.  













  Well as I am sure you all know I am become obsessed with things pertaining to Lilly  and I  worry like crazy when I can't figure out why she is or isn't doing something I think she should do.  Lately it has been the sleeping issue.  The week of Christmas I felt like she was waking up 5-6 times a night and it was becoming a problem.  Of course I obsessed over it and read as much as I could about what the problem might be.  My saving book was "The No Cry Sleep Solution."  I was always told that it is o.k. to let your child "Cry it out," but that really wasn't working and I hated having her alone in the dark crying.  I kept thinking that during the day when she cries I always run to her and pick her up or reassure her so why is the middle of the night different?  I am sure her thought process at night goes something like this "o.k. I am in this big bed all alone in the dark and there is no one here...waaaah waaah" well at least that is what I think..ha!  Anyway, this book explained a lot about why they cry in the night and that you shouldn't feel bad for comforting your baby after all that is my job!!  The last week or so she has been sleeping so much better and only wakes up 1-2 times and I rarely even need to pick her up.  She also takes at least one long nap during the day (which she hasn't done since she was about 4 months old) that will last 1-1 1/2 hours...yesssss!!!  That has given me much needed time to get things done.

Until next time...
 

1 comment: