Monday, October 11, 2010

Our First Post

So excited to start this blog about our beautiful baby girl Lilly Isabell Juechter!  She is 14 weeks old and the most beautiful and amazing thing to happen to us.  



There have been so many things to happen and so many obstacles to overcome already in her 14 week life, but it has totally been worth it! 
  

She was born on July 2nd, at 2:07 p.m. after 12 hours of labor.  I went into labor at 2 a.m. on Thursday morning and I wasn't sure if I was in labor and neither was my husband Bobby (the best husband ever,) so we waited and timed and decided at 4 a.m. when the contractions were 2 minutes apart that we had better hit the road:)  We called all the "future grandparents" and they also hit the road.  
   
I'll have to be honest, I was not a fan of pregnancy, but my labor went really well and our little miracle was born healthy and perfect!  The first 5 weeks after coming home were not great and we struggled with nursing an milk production and blah, blah, blah, but we are settled way more confident as parents.

Lilly started daycare at 8 weeks when I had to go back to work and I love the ladies who take care of her.  It was by far the hardest thing I have ever done when I had to hand my 8 week old baby over to virtual strangers.  My heart was broken all week long, but now I think it was the best thing.  We did have an "incident" a couple of weeks ago where Lilly got scratched by another child, but she lived through it and has officially been in her first brawl at school..hehehe!

Really excited about Halloween!  Until next time...  

1 comment: